2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
6 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cedar or alder planks to hold fillets
1 1/2 cups tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
1. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, salt, allspice, cumin, white pepper and paprika. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture for the vinaigrette; sprinkle remaining spice mixture over fillets. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 hours.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat.
3. Lightly apply a thin film of olive oil to the salmon fillets and Cedar or Alder Plank. Grill over medium heat for 25 to 35 minutes, or to desired doneness.
4. In a small bowl, mix together tomato-vegetable juice cocktail, vinegar, tomatoes, olive oil, and reserved spice mixture to make vinaigrette.
5. In a large bowl, toss salad greens with vinaigrette. Divide greens among plates. Top each plate with a salmon fillet, and spoon any remaining vinaigrette over the salmon.